We are so excited to move forward with our Holiday Gift program to provide holiday wishes and joy for those who need it most. Your commitment has made a difference and, while we know the current climate has affected so many of us in different ways, we hope you can once again join us to make the holidays brighter for the many local underserved families involved with Youth Services. Holiday Gift is a true reflection of our work to ensure every child grows up happy, healthy, and with hope – and our work has never been more important.
This year we are carrying over some of the changes we made last year and also returning to some of our previous activities to ensure the safety of our donors, volunteers, staff, and recipients:
- The program will only be offered to children residing in the home of client families.
- Wrapping parties are back in a limited format! However, wrapping materials will be provided to families we are not able to wrap gifts for this year. Please consider donating new wrapping paper, tape, bows and tags.
- Each child will receive 3-4 gifts. We have requested wish lists with more choices to ensure donors have options while shopping, however expectations are not that donors will cover all wish list items.
- Donors may include gift cards and general family gifts for parents and other family members.
Getting involved is easy!
- Register here today!
- Youth Services will provide you a Wish List for the number of children you wish to sponsor.
- You will receive specific instructions on gift drop-off or pick-up with your wish list.
Gift wrapping parties are back!
The wrapping parties will be taking place in limited capacity between November 15th and December 6th. The location is the Willow Creek Shopping Center at 2331 Willow Road in Glenview (former Pier 1 location). To register to wrap gifts, please contact Jennifer Fitch, our Volunteer Manager, at email@example.com.
The Holiday Gift Program helps under-served families who look to Youth Services for support. All recipient families have a child or children enrolled in either our Boys & Girls Clubs, Study Buddies, mentor program, individual and group counseling, Pride youth, or crisis intervention services. The families whose wishes you are helping to make possible rely on the simple fact that Youth Services never turns anyone away based on ability to pay.
In FY19, more than $240,000 in mental health counseling was allocated to scholarships for children in need of these services who could not afford them otherwise. This is in addition to the myriad of free programming these children may receive through the other services we provide – all made possible by agency friends like you. If you would like to support Youth Services and the services we provide, please consider making a donation using the button below.
Here are just some of our wonderful volunteers from 2019!