Weekly support groups for LGBTQ+ youth offer opportunities for participants to build community, discuss challenges, and feel supported by others. Facilitated by program staff, these groups include a check-in, fun activities designed to help foster relationships, and time to share challenges and receive support. To join, participants complete an intake membership meeting with a staff member, becoming a member of our Pride Community.
Any interested youth or families can reach out to Lizzy Appleby, she/her, Program Manager at Lizzy.Appleby@ysgn.org or 847.724.2620 x121.
In the last year, we’ve offered a variety of groups to meet the changing needs or our youth and families:
- Fruit Loops, for LGBTQ+ youth grades 4-7
- Alphabet Soup, for LGBTQ+ 8th grade youth
- Kinship, for LGBTQ+ youth of color
- Pride Preserves, a self-care group for LGBTQ+ high school youth
- Trans & Nonbinary Process Group, for TGNC high school youth
- And more!