Youth Services is at an exceptional moment in the organization’s history as the premier place to turn for mental health services for children and adolescents in Chicago’s northern suburbs. Founded in 1972, the agency is a 501c3 non-for-profit that provides individual and group mental health therapy, youth development programs, crisis response, and community outreach. The majority of youth are referred by local schools, and no one is turned away if they cannot afford to pay. The agency offers a sliding scale that goes as low as $1/session and also accepts multiple insurance plans. Oftentimes and when appropriate, alternative approaches including art, music, and play therapy are utilized to help clinicians develop a rapport with clients and progress towards accomplishing the goals of treatment.
To meet the growing need for mental health services, we are looking to expand our team with the following positions. If you are interested in applying, please contact Amy O’Leary at email@example.com.
Accounting Manager, Full or Part Time
Youth Services is seeking an Accounting Manager who is responsible for the general ledger and cash flow management, financial analysis and reporting, audit preparation, accounts payable, benefit administration, and payroll functions. The position applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial statements and reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Manage accounts payable and receivable in coordination with staff and third party biller
- Receive, process and deposit cash, checks, credit card and ACH payments
- Reconcile fee income including insurance reimbursements, sliding scale payments, and scholarships
- Reconcile reports to third-party records including bank statements, merchant services and medical billing
- Maintain general ledger (current system is QuickBooks) including allocating costs and journal entries
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Coordinate and execute annual audits and 990 of agency’s accounts
- Process bi-weekly payroll, PTO, and expense reimbursement
- Administer benefits including health insurance and retirement plans
- Maintain appropriate system of financial controls
- Process paperwork for new hires and terminations
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field
Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required
Youth Services Value Statement
Youth Services is guided by four core values: trust, safety, connection, and compassion. These values reflect who we are and what we expect from each other. Our values are both the boundaries of our space as well as a compass that helps guide us forward as we move toward our mission.