Youth Services is hosting our third annual Trans Youth & Family Summit on Sunday, February 28th, 2021 from 9:00am-1:00pm!
The Trans Youth and Family Summit is an opportunity for trans and gender expansive youth and their family members to learn, connect, and hear from speakers on a variety of topics including transition-related health care, advocacy, mental health, and more!
Due to COVID-19, this year’s Summit will be held virtually via Zoom. We will still be hosting multiple workshops and activities simultaneously, so we encourage families to have multiple devices for different participants if you want to participate in different sessions.
- Speakers and workshops will include:
- Understanding Gender
- Medical Transition
- Legal Rights of Trans Youth with Illinois Safe Schools Alliance
- Community building spaces with games and arts activities
- Peer support for parents/caregivers with PFLAG
- Navigating Mental Health Systems
- Trans Youth & Young Adult Panel
- Community Advocacy with Carolyn Wahlskog
- Self Care for Trans & Nonbinary Youth
The cost to register is $10/device; scholarships are available. For additional information, please email Lizzy.Appleby@ysgn.org. Registration will close once we reach capacity or on Thursday, February 25th, 2021.