Youth Services is hosting our fourth annual Trans Youth & Family Summit on
Sunday, April 3rd, 2022!
Registration opens February 1st!
The Trans Youth and Family Summit is an opportunity for trans and gender expansive youth and their family members to learn, connect, and hear from speakers on a variety of topics including transition-related health care, legal transition, mental health, and more!
At this time, we are planning an in-person event at Youth Services (3080 West Lake Avenue in Glenview, IL). Masks will be required at the event, and we do encourage those who are able to be vaccinated. Lunch will be served as a box lunch so that those who do not feel comfortable eating in a communal setting may take their food to-go. Additionally, we will work to ensure that appropriate social distancing is maintained.
Speakers and workshops will include:
- Trans history
- Medical Transition for Trans Feminine Youth (Dr. Dhar from Lurie’s Gender Clinic)
- Medical Transition for Trans Masculine Youth (Dr. Dhar from Lurie’s Gender Clinic)
- Name & Gender Marker Changes (Transformative Justice Law Project)
- Understanding Nonbinary Identities
- Navigating Mental Health Systems
- Panel of Trans Adults: “Adulting while Trans”
- Trans Story Hour
- Creative Project
In addition, we will offer some tabling spaces for local resources!
The cost to register is $10/attendee; scholarships are available. Your registration fee includes a boxed lunch, available snacks, and all event materials. All proceeds go to supporting the costs of this event. For additional information, please email Michelle.Brody@ysgn.org
Registration will close once we reach capacity or on Monday, 3/28/2022.